Sunday 31 January 2010

I Know I am, I'm Sure I am, I'm Bournemouth Till I Die!

Ah AFC Bournemouth :)

Talking of which, I have been in touch with the club to see if they could provide me with anything for my film. Old highlights/commentary that I could use, permission to use the players images in the background, anything they could privde me with. Bit of a long shot, but I thought it was worth a shot. Here's how the talks have been going (Copy and pasted from my Inbox):


>> Hello,

I am a third year animation student and was wondering whether it would be possible to obtain sme footage from you to use in my final film?
I have a football match playing in the background and need some commentary to use as part of the soundtrack. Being a Cherries fan, I thought it would be a nice touch to have them feature in my film.
I was wondering if there was anything you could provide me with?
I would be willing to pay to use any footage/audio you allow.

Will Van Dao

>> Will,

Thanks for your email to Mick Cunningham which he has read and passed to
me for response.

I'm Niall, AFC Bournemouth Press Officer and so ultimately control media
interest in the club.

Your project sounds very interesting and we may be able to help, although
first I would require a little more information as to the type of material
you need and exactly what this would be used for - could you give me a more
detailed break down please?

Thanks,
Niall


>> Niall,


Thank you for getting back to me, I am very grateful you have taken the time
to consider my project.
Thank you to Mick as well for passing the email on to you.

I am an animation student and am currently working on my final year film.
Basic breakdown of the story is that my character, an anthropomorphic lizard
Axl, simply wants to sit down and watch the game, however a troublesome egg
with a mind of it's own sabotages his plans. A Tom and Jerry-esque, cause
and effect, light hearted film.

The plan is to have video footage of a Bournemouth match playing on the TV
screen in the background and manipulating commentary audio of a Bournemouth
match to fit around what is happening in the main action of the film itself,
for example; when Axl dives to catch the egg from falling and misses, to use
audio of the commentator saying something along the lines of "He really
Also, if possible, I'd like to be able to use images of some of the players
to put in the background as posters.

If you have a moment to spare, I think this is the best way to illustrate
how I mean.

Here is a link to my animatic on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xax1jILHkRU

At the moment I used some commentary I found online from random matches as a
placeholder to what I have in mind.

Thank you for your time.

Will.


>> Will,

Apologies for the delay in responding.

Thanks for the link, I've watched your video and was impressed. I
understand better now how you intend to use the footage and we would
be happy to accommodate you at one of our Saturday games, please have
a look at our fixture list and let me know which one best works for
you - http://www.afcb.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10324,00.html

I must stress, that any material obtained from the club must not be
used for commercial gain. In addition, could you provide me with a
breakdown of the equipment that you will be using at the stadium. This
way I can ensure that you are positioned at a prime location in the
stadium.

Thanks,
Niall

____________________________________________________

So there you have it. I've got permission to go to the club and record a match, bit more than I was expecting. I have emailed asking if they have any archived footage I could use, but as of yet, Niall hasn't gotten back to me. Just thought I'd show off that I can film a match, duno about you, but I'm chuffed :D
So been in contact with the TV production lot and they've agreed to give me a hand.
Dean Court here I come! Up the Cherries! (What a fearsome nickname)

No comments:

Post a Comment