Sunday 31 January 2010

A bit of neglected research

So, Cell Shading. Risky business, especially 3D cell shading, but I've got my heart set on it.
Just got to play around with the mapping techniques to get the perfect effect. I think Axl needs more of an Ink outline, just to add to the cartoon look.

Anyway, here's some images I'm drawing inspiration from:



Painting the background is an option, though I shall see how much time I have once I've finished all the keys, breakdowns and tweens. The Borderlans style of having an outline appeals to me, as it breaks away from the CGI realness. I find adding an outline is more a 2D hand drawn property, so I'm incorporating that into my film.

Here's one of the images I'm using as inspiration for the colour and tone of my backgrounds. Handy that there's a sofa and cabinet in this pic :)




Body language! I have 2 books on the subject; "Need to Know? Body Language" by Carolyn Boyes and "The Definitive Book of Body Language" by Allan and Barbare Pease. Hopefully they will aid me in achieving the correct and most effective way to convey body language visuals. Due to no dialogue, this is the major way of communicating to the audience so I better get it right!

I was put on the spot the other day and felt rather uncomfortable and it was pointed out that that's how my character should be. The poses I put in the animatic are very weak, I was intending on putting alot more effort into the actual animation themselves, but being put on the spot really did open my eyes. Stronger poses! My film is in danger of becoming generic! Noooooooooo! Must. Not. Be. Generic!

No comments:

Post a Comment