Thursday 13 May 2010

Well, there you have it

With those edits in place, more sound effects put in where they need to be and deadline just around the corner.
I believe that is all I am going to manage thus far.
Overall I am pleased, yet when I look back there is a lot more I could have done, but alas time has ran out.
For instance, I would have gone back and re-rigged Axl again, this time not making the mistake of turbo smoothing the mesh before skinning.
That proved rather troublesome.

So sitting down and watching this film the numerous amounts of times that I have, my focus will always fall on the little errors that I can see I have made; each little mesh fold, slight lapse in animation, the terrible timing, that to first time viewers may not be noticeable, but will continue annoy me.
If I had the time I would go back in and edit them as best as I can.
I have edited out the majority that grated on me, such as Axl’s hand passing through the can when passing it to the egg.
As a wise man once said, “There is no such thing as finished art; there is always room for improvement”, such a wise man.
However, another man once said, “Perfection rules out the possibility for creativity”, another wise man.

Animating this film has been interesting at times, frustrating and brilliant.
It has been a lot of fun going through this project, tackling ideas and finding out useful techniques which have been invaluable.
I am pleased about how well I managed to balance university, a part time job as well as maintaining a social life.
This year has taught me quite a hefty amount on time management and I feel my animation skills have improved vastly.
If I could restart the course again, starting from the first year with my skills as they are, I would.
I would like to see how well I would manage it all over again and how much further I would improve, that’s how enlightening I have found this whole experience.

So here it is, as I submitted it:

No comments:

Post a Comment